Simple and delicious
Make and share this Beet - Orange Salad With Raspberry Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (14 ounce) can baby beets, well drained and cut in half
- 1 large navel orange
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4-1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 -8 fresh raspberries (to garnish) (optional)
- Drain beets well and cut each in half, cut larger beets into quarters.
- Place in a small salad bowl.
- Zest as much as possible of the orange peel, right into the bowl with the beets.
- Cut the ends off the orange and slice the remaining peel off being careful not to leave any pith.
- Section the orange, over the bowl, dropping the supremes into bowl with the beets, taking care to let any juice run into the bowl.
- Squeeze the juice out of the remains into the bowl.
- Discard remains.
- Vinaigrette: Whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients and pour over beets and orange.
- Carefully mix to coat, cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Just before serving sprinkle fresh raspberries on top.
- (Will keep in refrigerator for at least a week.).