Recipe by Bergy
This is a different way to serve beets and it is very tasty. If you have not tried beets or you don't really care for beets try this recipe - It is simple to make Serve this as one of your veggie dishes, It is best served right from the pan to the plate so it stays crisp
- 1 lb fresh beet, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine (butter is best)
- 4 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat non stick skillet over medium heat.
- In a bowl toss the grated beets, rosemary and half the flour together to mix well Season with salt& Pepper.
- Add remaining flour, toss again so the flour is evenly spread throughout the beets Heat butter in the skillet and let it get brown.
- Put the beet mixture into the pan and with a spatula shape it into a large pattie, press firmly down on the pattie to help it hang together.
- Turn the heat to medium high and shake the pan once or twice to keep the pattie loose.
- Cook until the bottom is nicely browned& crisp (about 6 minutes).
- Slide the pattie out of the pan onto a plate cover with another plate, flip the plates and slide the pattie back into the pan to finish cooking the other side- be careful doing this step you want the pattie to stay whole.
- Adjust the heat so it doesn't burn.
- Cook until nicely browned (apprx another 6-7 minutes) and crisp.
- Cut into wedges and serve with a dollop of sour cream on top (Optional).