1/1 Photo of Beet, Mandarin Orange and Spinach Salad
People seem to either hate or love beets -- I would guess you like them because you have chosen this recipe to look at. (The first recipe calls for canned beets; sometimes I buy fresh beets and cook them -- this variation is after the canned beet recipe.) When using the fresh beet recipe, I make the beets ahead of time to allow for cooling in the fridge and then just cut them up when assembling the salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
CANNED BEET RECIPE
- 6 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 1 (15 ounce) can of cut beets (well drained)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, well drained (in light syrup)
- 1/4 cup bottled poppy seed dressing (if you don't like poppy seed dressing you can use a basic vinaigrette dressing)
FRESH BEET RECIPE
- 3 fresh beets (used in place of the canned beets)
- 1CANNED BEET RECIPE:.
- 2Place spinach in a salad bowl.
- 3Add remaining ingredients; toss and serve.
- 45 minutes prep time; no cooking time.
- 5FRESH BEET RECIPE:.
- 6Preheat oven to 450°F Remove beet greens from 3 fresh beets; rinse beets and wrap tightly in foil. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. Unwrap foil and remove skin by rubbing firmly with paper towels. Refrigerate beets until cool; cut into pieces and add to salad.
- 75 minutes prep time; 1 hour cooking time; 1 hour cooling time.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beet, Mandarin Orange and Spinach Salad
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.7
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 146.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
poppy seed dressing