Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I never thought raw kale was so good!
Make and share this Beet & Kale Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 cup beet, shredded (peeled if you like)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup hemp seeds or 1⁄4 cup flax seed
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, small dice
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli or 1⁄2 cup alfalfa sprout
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil (dressing)
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar (dressing)
- 3 tablespoons tamari (dressing)
- 3 tablespoons tahini (dressing)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic, minced (dressing)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano (dressing)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil (dressing)
- Prepare vegetables and put to the side.
- Blend all dressing ingredients in a blender and pour over vegetables and toss untill evenly coated.And it's VEGAN!
Delish! We loved this salad and the dressing. For the dressing, I didnt have any tahini so instead i added 1tbsp of sesame oil, also used white wine vinegar instead of apple cider vinegar. As for the salad, I omitted broccoli and flax seeds (as I didnt have any) and topped the salad with a bit of cilantro. I dressed the salad and then let it sit for 30-40min. Turned out great! I will be making this again.
Excellent salad for a hot spring day. First time using hemp seeds. Loved all the colors in the salad.
This is a good salad but short on instructions. First you don't just 'prepare' the veggies. I removed the stems of the kale and then rolled several leaves together and sliced thinly acrossed the roll and then down the slices. Place the kale in a large bowl. To grate the beets use gloves please, unless you like pink hands. Yes, peel them first not to do so could add a graininess to the dish. Do not add any of the veggies to the bowl yet simple set them all aside leaving only Kale in the main bowl. I also added cucumber & tomato with the seeds removed or the salad will get too wet. Set aside. Now do not add whole flax to your salad need to be ground. Whole flax seeds have sharp points that can perforate the colon, not pleasant.
Mix your dressing, pour over the kale and massage the kale for 2-3 minutes. This will help remove bitterness and bring out the sweetness of the kale as well as infusing it with the dressing. Now, add the rest of your veggies. You might try sprinkling with sunflower seeds for a bit of an added crunch. And don't be shocked the beets will turn the dressing and everything else a pink or red.