Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is different, delicious, and colorful, it's fun to have everyone guess what the ingredients are.
- 4 cups of strained beet juice (see below)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package Sure-Jell
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- Beet Juice: Scrub fresh beets and cover with boiling water. Boil the beets until tender; remove the beats and use the water they have been boiled.
- Mix beet juice, lemon juice, and Sure-Jell in medium saucepan; bring to a full boil. Add the sugar and Jell-O and boil hard for 10 minutes.
- Ladle into prepared jelly jars. Wipe the rims and seal.
I was looking for the amounts on the ingredients from my grandma's old recipe. This was very close to her's. I lowered the sugar to 4 cups the first batch and to 3 (with Splenda) the second. My huband detests beets and he ate two pieces of toast and jelly for breakfast...won't be telling him anytime soon. Thanks for the recipe, it brings back a lot of memories.