This recipe was posted by request and I've never tried it so I'd be intrested in any feedback.
Make and share this Beet Jelly recipe from Food.com.
- Peel beets and simmer in water for 30 minutes.
- When beets are tender strain off liquid measuring 4 cups of beet juice.
- Pour into a large pot.
- Stir in lemon juice and pectin.
- Bring to a full, rolling boil over high heat.
- Stir in sugar all at once and return to a full, rolling boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and ladle into clean hot stearilized jars leaving 0.125 inch head space and seal.
- I process any jelly for 5 minutes in a boiling water bath even though the recipes don't call for it.