Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was canning beets and didn't have any raspberry Jell-O, just strawberry. I thought, what the heck; tasted it and thought cinnamon was needed. Mine didn't gel much, to my mother-in-law's amusement, but it is a great pancake syrup, and it probably will gel for everyone else, lol, since she's teaching me to can and Czech cooking which is different for this Irish girl.
- 4 cups beet juice
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package Sure-Jell
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert or 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine beet juice, lemon juice (I used Real Lemon and Sure-Jell).
- Heat on high until boiling, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar, Jell-O and cinnamon.
- Boil for 7 minutes, stirring constantly. Don't leave it or it will boil over (I know).
- Put in hot sterile jars and seal.