Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This beet hummus recipe comes from Elise over at simplyrecipes.com. She is one of my favorite bloggers and I was lucky enough to hear her speak at the last Blogher Food conference. I myself, would not have ever thought of combining beets into a hummus type dip, so, leave it to Elise. She is the inspiration for me on many fronts. http://www.elanaspantry.com/beet-hummus/
- 4 medium sized beets, scrubbed, cooked and cubed (learn how to roast beets)
- 1⁄4 cup raw tahini paste
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Serve with crackers (Elise suggests topping with goat cheese).
Oh man, this is so good. I made it last night and served it with cucumber slices and pita chips. It was a filling, healthy meal. I loved the idea of using beets for hummus and it was not only delicious but quite pretty. I think next time I'd play with the spices just because I like it hot. Maybe add more garlic or red chili, but it's perfect as-is and if you like beets, I highly encourage you to give this a try!