- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- fresh black pepper, ground
- 1⁄8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups beet leaves, washed well and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil over medium high heat till it stops sizzling.
- Add onions and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cook slowly, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and caramelized, about 30 minutes.
- Add the thyme, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper, and vinegar stir well to combine.
- Cook for 5-15 more minute.
- Add beet greens just to wilt.