Recipe by Dib's
When making this dish from your garden or store bought greens, chooose only the young leaves and discard the older, tougher leaves. I like a shake or two of hot pepper flakes.
Top Review by Derf
Di, you are going to think I'm nuts, but this sounded so good, had to try it. Couldn't find any beet greens except some awful looking, with really old big leaves, soooo, I used some lovely nice fresh spinach! with canned baby beets. It turned out delicious!! the garlic, ginger and lemon are a great combination, I can hardly wait for spring to try it with nice fresh beets with young beet greens. Thanks for sharing, beets are one of our favourite veggies and we will enjoy this recipe often.
- 10 ounces washed beet greens
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb beets or 1 (16 ounce) cancooked beets, drained and chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot bring lightly salted water to boil.
- Add the greens and cook to just limp-about 3 minutes.
- Drain well and chop.
- Melt the butter in a skillet, add the garlic, ginger, and greens and saute 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped beets, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat through, about 2 minutes and turn into a serving bowl.