Think you're family won't eat their greens? Think again! With all the yummy accompanying flavors in this side dish, you won't find the beet greens overpowering at all.
- Heat the oil on medium-high heat.
- Saute the garlic and onion until they are translucent.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the beet greens.
- Stir until all the greens are wilted and heated.
- Add the white wine and bacon.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
Wow. I used real bacon, and the grease, and chicken stock instead of wine. Yummy greens.
This is such a great recipe, perfect as is. Would just add that if you are out of white wine and/or stock a good sub is 2 tblspn balsamic vinegar. nummers!
I KNEW I would like beet greens if I finally took the time to make them. I just didn't know how much. I ate the entire pan on my own for dinner and it was fab. I used 3 slices of bacon and next time I'll use a half onion. Thanks!