Recipe by MadCatKim
Think you're family won't eat their greens? Think again! With all the yummy accompanying flavors in this side dish, you won't find the beet greens overpowering at all.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cups fresh beet leaves
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons bacon bits
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil on medium-high heat.
- Saute the garlic and onion until they are translucent.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the beet greens.
- Stir until all the greens are wilted and heated.
- Add the white wine and bacon.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with salt and fresh ground black pepper.