This recipe is in my hubby's top 5 favorite! He is notorious for picking out the beet bunches at the farmer's market by looking at the tops without even checking out the actual beets at the bottom. Easy to make and tasty with or without the added roasted beet roots. Time does not include the beet root roasting time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch beet leaf, washed, drained and roughly chopped (about 3-4 beets worth)
- 3 -4 small beets, roasted, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces (optional)
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped small
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 -3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook bacon in olive oil until starting to lightly brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- 2Add chopped onion and continue to cook until onion is translucent and starts to brown lightly, another 3- 4 minutes.
- 3Add beet greens and roasted beets (if using), water and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- 4Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until greens start to wilt.
- 5Add balsamic vinegar and continue to cook until greens have wilted, about another 3-4 minutes and liquid has evaporated slightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6Transfer to serving bowl and offer additional balsamic at the table, if desired.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beet Greens With Bacon and Balsamic Vinegar
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.0
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 189.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: