1 hr 5 mins
Nana Lee's Note:
Whe I read the title of this recipe and copied it, I thought it said "Green BEAN". It wasn't until I transferred it here and started fitting it into the variopus categories that I realized it was "Beet Greens"! Well, I'm going totry it eventually with green beans! Adapted from source: Alton Brown
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb beet leaf (well washed and picked over)
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup crumbled cracker, recommend Ritz crackers (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- 2Lightly oil a 9x11-inch baking dish.
- 3Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- 4Add the mushrooms and garlic and sweat (saute until moist).
- 5Add the beet greens and mix well.
- 6Remove pan from heat.
- 7Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- 8In a separate bowl, combine the egg yolks, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, and salt.
- 9Combine with the greens mixture and put into prepared baking dish.
- 10Top with the crumbled crackers.
- 11Bake for 30 minutes covered.
- 12Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beet Green Gratin T-R-L
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.6
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 144.0 mg
- Sodium 551.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 12.9 g