Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Whe I read the title of this recipe and copied it, I thought it said "Green BEAN". It wasn't until I transferred it here and started fitting it into the variopus categories that I realized it was "Beet Greens"! Well, I'm going totry it eventually with green beans! Adapted from source: Alton Brown
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb beet leaf (well washed and picked over)
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled cracker, recommend Ritz crackers (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Lightly oil a 9x11-inch baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and sweat (saute until moist).
- Add the beet greens and mix well.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg yolks, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, and salt.
- Combine with the greens mixture and put into prepared baking dish.
- Top with the crumbled crackers.
- Bake for 30 minutes covered.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Absolutely delish, made with beet greens.
I'll admit, I only made this recipe because I bought some beets with the leaves attached and didn't really know what to do with them. I'm glad I tried this, though! It is really, really tasty, and it's very easy to put together. I'm sure it would be great with other types of greens (or even green beans :) ). Thanks for posting.