Recipe by ~Leslie~
Salty, sweet and tangy, these crispy beet chips make an irresistible snack or salad garnish. They won't keep, so serve them right after cooking! Virtually fat free when drained well. From Food and Drink.
- 2⁄3 cup fine sea salt
- 4 freshly grated limes, zest of
- 8 medium beets, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for deep frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Lime Salt:.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Combine sea salt and lime zest in a pie plate.
- Bake salt for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Beet Chips:.
- Pour vegetable oil into a sauté pan. Using a candy thermometer to check temperature, heat oil to 325°F (160°C).
- Add the beet slices in small batches and fry slices about 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Drain on paper towels and season with lime salt, serve immediately.