Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a spin off of a few recipes on here, made healthier and more beety. I use my yogurt frosting to frost, but cream cheese would be great too. Make an all beet cake by leaving out the carrot and adding 1 more cup beets.
- 118.29 ml oil
- 59.14 ml applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 295.73 ml sucanat (or organic sugar or brown sugar)
- 226.79 g crushed pineapple (in juice, don't drain)
- 473.18 ml whole wheat pastry flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 473.18 ml beets, shredded (you could do all beet!)
- 236.59 ml carrot, shredded
- 118.29-236.59 ml walnuts, chopped
- preheat the oven to 350.
- beat oil, applesauce, eggs, vanilla and sugar. stir in pineapple.
- sift dry ingredients and stir into wet until combined.
- fold in beets, carrots and nuts.
- pour into a greased 9x13 and bake 35-40 minutes.
- cool and frost.