Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Taste much better than it sounds - just make sure you use a napkin, because beets stain! Recipe adapted from foodtv.com. You can add cheddar cheese if you like. Prep time includes chilling.
- 2 cups grated beets
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1⁄2 cup grated onion
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 3⁄4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄3 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl.
- Chill mix for at least 30 minutes.
- Form into patties 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake on cookie sheet covered with cooking spray for 30 minutes (you shouldn't need to turn them).
I got 10 burgers out of the mixture. They were easy to make albeit that it was a bit hard to form them into patties. They were too loose. But they did not fall apart when cooked and tasted very good indeed. I upped the spices a bit with 2 tsp curry and 2 cloves garlic. Thanks for posting.