Recipe by smiles4u
I got this recipe from my mom. These are rich, chocolaty, incredibly moist absolutely some of the best tasting brownies I have ever tried. This is the only brownie recipe I use anymore. They are known around my house as "Mom's Brownies" to not give away the secret ingredient. They always disappear fast and no one ever knows they have beets in them!
Top Review by dukeswalker
Super good! I did adjust the recipe a bit to make it healthier. I used 3/4 c. egg substitute for the eggs: .5 c virgin coconut oil & .5 c. natural applesauce for the veggie oil: 4 roasted and pureed beets with water added to = 2 cups: 7 T dry cocoa powder for the cocoa: 1/2 whole grain spelt and 1/2 light spelt for the flour: Devils Food pudding mix and also added 1 T instant coffee granules. My pan was larger, so they were thinner. I baked them for 20 minutes and covered them with the suggested glaze. I cut them into 20 pieces and they are 200 calories each! PERFECT!
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can beets, pureed (juice and all)
- 2 ounces cocoa
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together eggs and sugar.
- Add oil, beets, cocoa and pudding, mix well.
- Blend in vanilla, flour, soda and salt.
- Bake in greased and floured 11 x 15 x 1" sheet cake pan for 30 minutes at 375.
- Top with chocolate icing or glaze such as Nana Lee's #155392.