My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium beets, tops trimmed (about 1 pound)
- 3 medium pink grapefruit (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (5 ounce) bags mixed baby greens
- 3 medium avocados, pitted,peeled,cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds (from 2 large pomegranates)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Wrap beets in foil.
- 3Roast until beets are tender when pierced with fork, about 1 hour.
- 4Cool beets to room temperature.
- 5(Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Refrigerate beets in foil packets.) Peel beets.
- 6Cut beets into 3/4-inch pieces.
- 7Set aside.
- 8Cut peel and white pith from grapefruits.
- 9Working over bowl, cut between membranes to release segments.
- 10Drain segments, reserving 2 tablespoons juice.
- 11Cut segments into 3/4-inch pieces.
- 12Whisk vinegar, mustard and 2 tablespoons reserved grapefruit juice in small bowl to blend.
- 13Gradually whisk in oil.
- 14Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 15Toss greens and 3/4 cup dressing in large bowl.
- 16Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 17Divide salad among 10 plates.
- 18Scatter beets, grapefruit, avocados and pomegranate seeds over salads, dividing equally.
- 19Drizzle with remaining dressing.
Browse Our Top Citrus Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Citrus Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beet, Avocado and Pink Grapefruit Salad with Sherry Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.4
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 27.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar
mixed baby greens