1/1 Photo of Beet, Avocado and Goat Cheese Salad
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
My new favorite salad. For those of you who are afraid of beets (like I was until just recently!) this is the salad for you to experiment with.... The earthiness of the beets is balanced soooo nicely by the goat cheese, balsamic and honey. Throw in the avocado and dried fruit and what you have is ridiculous deliciousness!!!! So, so, so darn good. *Original recipe adapted from a recipe found on recipegirl. AND....**Cooking time includes time to roast and cool beets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 medium beets, roasted and quartered
- 6 cups arugula (baby spinach or salad greens work well too)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or 1/4 cup dried cherries or 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 avocado, large, peeled, pitted and sliced thinly
- 3 ounces goat cheese, fresh, soft, and crumbled
- 1Scrub beets to remove all excess dirt and dry with clean cloth. Moderately coat the beets in extra virgin olive oil and wrap individually in foil.
- 2Roast beets in 350 degree oven for approximately 1 hour.
- 3While beets are roasting, prepare dressing by combining all ingredients, whisking and setting aside for flavors to meld.
- 4Toast walnuts in a small pan over medium heat. Remove from heat once toasted (approx. 5 minutes) and set aside to cool.
- 5Remove beets from oven, remove foil and place in bowl to cool~ approximately 30-45 minutes.
- 6Rub olive oil into hands and with a pairing knife, peel beets. The juice will stain your hands if you do not continue to rub hands down with oil, or wear gloves.
- 7Quarter the beets- or if they are large, slice into 1 inch chunks and reserve.
- 8Prepare salad by combining salad greens of choice, beets and avocado with a small amount of dressing. Continue to add dressing to your liking.
- 9Plate salads and top with dried fruit (cranberries, cherries or blueberries) and crumble goat cheese on top.
- 10Savor every single bit of this heavenly bit of delicious-ness. Mmmm-mmm-mmmm!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beet, Avocado and Goat Cheese Salad
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.8
- Calories from Fat 341
- Total Fat 37.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 16.8 mg
- Sodium 178.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 9.5 g