This is a different take on the beet apple walnut salad. I know that when I was little this was something we looked forward to in the Amish restaurant we would visit for special occasions. This would be beautiful for a nice dinner. There are significant changes but the "bones" of the recipe are still there!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb beet, trimmed (2 large)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, Finely-chopped
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 cups mixed baby greens (about 4 Oz)
- 2 medium apples, cored
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola, Crumbled
- 1/2 cup caramelized walnuts
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, Chopped
- 1Cook the beets in boiling water until tender, 25 to 35 minutes. Place in a bowl of ice water. Slip off the skins.
- 2To make the dressing, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Slowly drizzle in the oil, continuing to whisk.
- 3Toss the greens in dressing (reserving some dressing for the beets) and divide the greens among 4 serving plates.
- 4Cut the beets and apples into large (half-inch) dice. In a bowl, combine the beet and apple cubes with the cheese, walnuts, parsley and desired amount of dressing (saving the remaining dressing for another use). Spoon the mixture over the dressed lettuce and serve.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beet Apple Walnut Salad
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.3
- Calories from Fat 375
- Total Fat 41.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 339.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed baby greens