Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A colorful, creamy vegetable salad.
- 4 medium beets, roasted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, ground in a morter and pestle with a pinch of salt
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt, drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- Peel the roasted beets. Slice lengthwise, then crosswise into half-moons. Make a marinade of vinegar, sugar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss with beets and marinate in refrigerator 2 to 3 hours. Drain yogurt in a cheesecloth -lined strainer for the same 2 to 3 hours.
- Combine garlic and yogurt. Stir in half the dill and a little of the beet marinade if desired. Drain the beets. Toss with the yogurt mixture. Sprinkle with remaining dill.
- The beets can be roasted and marinated 4 or 5 days ahead.