I bought a huge bag of baby Spinach at the store and have been looking for ways to use it up. Found something similar to this in my "Weight Watchers Miracle Foods: More Fruits, More Veggies" cookbook. This has been tweaked to my own tastes. The original calls for more beets and less orange. As the original was written it would be 1 point for 1 cup. This might be just a tad more and would be a CORE recipe for WW. Even if you're not on WW though, it is a healthy tasty recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the spinach coarsely and put it in a bowl.
- 2Peel the orange and separate into sections.
- 3Cut each section in half and add it to the spinach.
- 4Peel and dice the beet and add it to the spinach.
- 5(This will dye your hands red. You can do it with gloves or attempt to do it under water, but I have never had much success. I just don't care about red hands I guess!).
- 6Mix the lime juice, the splenda or sugar, the ginger, the red pepper flakes, and the salt.
- 7Stir it together well.
- 8Pour over the salad and let it sit for a few minutes so the flavors blend.
- 9Cook time is stand time.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beet and Spinach Salad With Oranges and Fresh Lime Juice
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.7
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 141.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g