Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I bought a huge bag of baby Spinach at the store and have been looking for ways to use it up. Found something similar to this in my "Weight Watchers Miracle Foods: More Fruits, More Veggies" cookbook. This has been tweaked to my own tastes. The original calls for more beets and less orange. As the original was written it would be 1 point for 1 cup. This might be just a tad more and would be a CORE recipe for WW. Even if you're not on WW though, it is a healthy tasty recipe!
- Chop the spinach coarsely and put it in a bowl.
- Peel the orange and separate into sections.
- Cut each section in half and add it to the spinach.
- Peel and dice the beet and add it to the spinach.
- (This will dye your hands red. You can do it with gloves or attempt to do it under water, but I have never had much success. I just don't care about red hands I guess!).
- Mix the lime juice, the splenda or sugar, the ginger, the red pepper flakes, and the salt.
- Stir it together well.
- Pour over the salad and let it sit for a few minutes so the flavors blend.
- Cook time is stand time.