Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Salata me Spanakofeta (Beet and Spinach Salad) fat reduced
Make and share this Beet and Spinach Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg, hard cooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces feta cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 lb fresh spinach
- 2 cups pickled beets, julienned cut chilled
- In small bowl mash egg yolk add olive oil, water and lemon juice Beat with a wire whisk til creamy, Season with oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Tear spinach salad bowl, add celery, chopped walnuts and crumbled feta cheese.
- Pour dressing over and toss lightly.
- Put on salad plates, mound with Julienne pickled beets. Garnish with chopped egg white.
Excellent salad! So colorful and healthy! I made this just as written, just adding a little sliced onions. I'll be making this again for sure. Thanx!
This was wonderful. I made it as written, except for adding chopped cremini mushrooms ... for walnuts, I used Candied Orange Walnuts, and for beets I used Roasted Beets in Gingered Syrup. I thought it was absolutely delicious, and my husband whole-heartedly agreed. Thanks so much for posting it!