Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Not sure where I got this recipe, and I haven't tried it yet, so a new adventure for all of us!
- 4 medium beets
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- lettuce leaf
- parsley (to garnish)
- Peel and grate the beets.
- Chop the raisins coarsely and mix with the beets and the brown sugar.
- Mix together the oil and lemon juice.
- Pour over the beets and raisins and mix well.
- Serve on crisp lettuce leaves sprinkled with chopped parsley.
I am just warming up to beets, and this was really yummy! Next time I might add some grated carrots - that would be very pretty. Thanks!