1/1 Photo of Beet and Potato Soup
Lori Mama's Note:
I learned how to prepare this soup during a vegetarian cooking class. I'm not very fond of beets, but this was rather tasty. Recipe courtesy Rob McLean, instructor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onions with dill in butter until softened.
- 2Add cubed potatoes and saute for a few minutes.
- 3Add stock and beets.
- 4Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for approximately 30 minute.
- 5Blend with a hand blender until desired texture.
- 6Finish with cream or half/half, salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Serve hot.
- 8Note: prep. time includes cooking of the beets.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beet and Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.3
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 113.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: