Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
I live in Russia and this is one of my favorite salads here.
- 8 small beets or 4 large beets
- 236.59 ml cider vinegar
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 19.71 ml honey
- 1 whole pomegranate
- 118.29 ml finely chopped red onion
- 78.07 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml fresh dill, chopped
- Boil the beets, whole, for about 20-25 minutes. Rinse under running water as you rub off their skins. Cut them julienne style while they are still warm. Marinate them in vinegar, garlic and honey. Let stand 30 minutes. During this time cut the pomegranate open and remove the seeds. When the beets are done marinating, drain most of the liquid reserving 1/2 cup. Mix together the 1/2 cup marinating liquid, mayonnaise, beets, pomegranates, onion and dill. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.