Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a Ukrainian recipe popular during Lent Makes a colorful presentation. You may use canned beets drained to save time and still it will taste great. Easy to make, delish to eat. (I used vegetable oil) (from World Wide Chefs)
- 6 -8 medium beets, trimmed
- 3 dill pickles, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- lettuce leaf (to garnish)
- Cook beets in boiling salted water until tender.
- Cool and peel.
- Thinly slice beets.
- Combine beets, pickles and onios in a bowl.
- Whisk together the oil, horseradish, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over the salad.
- Toss gently and serve on a bed of lettuce.