Recipe by Studentchef
The Montreal gazeete got this recipe from the cookbook Dinner Chez moi: The Fine Art of Feeding Friends. I didn't know there was an art to making food for friends, I jsut care enough about them to give them something good to eat.
- 6 small beets, peeled, cooked, and cut into wedges
- 3 navel oranges
- 1⁄2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups arugula or 3 cups baby lettuce
- pistachios (chopped)
- parmesan cheese, shaved
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate zest ofone organce into a large bowl, and peel all three oranges, removing sections from the membrane, using a sharp knive. Add the orange sections to the peel.
- Squeeze the membranesinto the bowl to extract any remaining juice. Add balsamic vinegar and lemon juice drop by drop, and then stir in the olive oil. Toss to get a bit of a dressing going. Season with salt and peepr.
- Add arugula or lettuce and warm beets, and serve with chopped pistacios and Parmesan cheese shavings.