Recipe by Marlitt
I got this recipe for a cookbook "Greek Cooking for the Gods". I'm a beet lover and really enjoy this. The time does not include the chill time.
Top Review by Anonymous
I love Beet salad with red onions and Feta Cheese adding the garlic can';t hurt the flavors I like Red Vinegar and Olive oil so am sure this is going to be a real treat as I just boiled some fresh garden beets to pickle when it cools down tonight so will make this salad to go with my planned Spinach salad tonight '
- 907.18 g small beets
- 2 large onions (thinly sliced )
- 2 garlic cloves (minced )
- salt and pepper (to taste )
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim stems from beets leaving 1/4 inch stem attached.
- Place beets in pan with enough water to cover.
- Boil , cover, reduce heat and simmer until tender about 25 minutes.(I have used whole canned beets and sliced them, works well.).
- Drain and cool. peel and slice in 1/4 inch slices.
- Arrange beets on a platter.
- Top with onions and sprinkle with garlic.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix vinegar and oil and pour over beets.
- Refrigerate until well chilled.