Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Giada De Laurentis, Every Day Italian.
Make and share this Beet and Goat Cheese Arugula Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 medium beets, cooked and quartered
- 6 cups fresh arugula
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 3 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, coarsely crumbled
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Whisk the vinegar, shallots, and honey in a medium bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in the oil. Season the vinaigrette, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Toss the beets in a small bowl with enough dressing to coat. Place the beets on the prepared baking sheet and roast until the beets are slightly caramelized, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes. Set aside and cool.
- Toss the arugula, walnuts, and cranberries in a large bowl with enough vinaigrette to coat. Season the salad, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Mound the salad atop 4 plates. Arrange the beets around the salad. Sprinkle with the avocado and goat cheese, and serve.
Tasty salad with an interesting mix of flavors. I substituted a spring-mix for arugula, since it's what I had on hand, and skipped the avocado. Otherwise I followed the recipe to good results. The vinaigrette had a nice tang that set off the earthy beets and creamy cheese.
Loved it! Thanks for posting! ( I wouldn't rate this poorly just because I didn't like beets!) I would hope others would try this recipe despite the 2 star review because it is excellent!
i just don't like beets i guess. thanks for the recipe.