From Giada De Laurentis, Every Day Italian.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 medium beets, cooked and quartered
- 6 cups fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 3 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, coarsely crumbled
- 1Line a baking sheet with foil. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2Whisk the vinegar, shallots, and honey in a medium bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in the oil. Season the vinaigrette, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- 3Toss the beets in a small bowl with enough dressing to coat. Place the beets on the prepared baking sheet and roast until the beets are slightly caramelized, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes. Set aside and cool.
- 4Toss the arugula, walnuts, and cranberries in a large bowl with enough vinaigrette to coat. Season the salad, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- 5Mound the salad atop 4 plates. Arrange the beets around the salad. Sprinkle with the avocado and goat cheese, and serve.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beet and Goat Cheese Arugula Salad
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.3
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 9.7 mg
- Sodium 147.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 8.9 g