Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very refreshing tasting salad and so easy to prepare! You can use any kind of light tasting salad dressing, I really enjoy it with vidalia onion salad dressing by virginia brand. The 1 hour cooking time is for the chilling time required for the beet mixture. You can skip the chilling time if you refrigerate the can of beets during the day. Recipe from the convenience cook cookbook
- 1 (14 ounce) cansliced beets
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 cups of torn lettuce or 2 cups mixed salad greens or 2 cups spinach leaves
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup oil and vinegar vinaigrette
- In a salad bowl, combine beets, celery and dressing. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Add torn lettuce and toss well. Sprinkle feta over top and serve immediately.
This is one of our absolute favorite salads, but we make it this way. . . I cook up fresh beets and cube them. In the meanwhile, I mix up some Good Seasonings Italian Dressing. Right before serving, I toss some of the dressing with the lettuce. Then on top, place the beets, feta and AVOCADO. . .YUMMY!!!! This recipe was given to me by a friend who said it's a common recip in Chile.