Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Beets are actually very sweet and keep this rich chocolate loaf wonderfully moist. Make it for your friens, then ask them to guess the mystery ingredient! Delicious at teatime or as a dessert.
- Heat the oven to 375°F.
- Tip the beet into a blender and blitz until finely chopped. Add a pinch of salt and the rest of the ingredients, except the oil and the chocolate.
- When completely mixed in the blender (you may need to scrape the sides down a couple of times) add the oil in a steady stream with the motor running, as if you were making mayonnaise.
- When all the oil has been added, stir in the chocolate then tip the mix into a lined 2lb loaf tin.
- Cook for 1 hour until an inserted skewer comes out practically clean. Leave the loaf to cool on a rack.
- Serve in slices with creme fraiche or cream.