Recipe by JanuaryBride
I first had a similar salad at Annie Gunn's in St. Louis and really liked it (licked my plate clean), but felt something was missing from it. I just figured it out. . .I think the dressing should have a touch of sweetness! That being said, here is my retake on the recipe. If you aren't a fan of goat cheese, feel free to sub it out with Boursin or feta. Also sometimes they serve this salad with strawberries instead of blackberries, but I think the blackberries always look prettier!
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups mixed baby greens
- 6 cooked baby beets, halved
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbles
- 12 raspberries
- 6 blackberries (may sub strawberries, but blackberries are prettier)
- 1⁄8 small onion, cut in very thin rainbow shapes
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together first three ingredients and set aside.
- Place 1 cup of greens on each plate.
- Top each plate of greens with a few slivers of onion, 6 beet halves, 6 raspberries, 3 blackberries, and 1 T of goat cheese crumbles (if you can't get crumbles, just put a "round" of goat cheese in the middle).
- Finish off with a drizzle of dressing and some fresh ground black pepper.