Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is an adapted version of my beloved grandma Bee's specialty. It is reminisent of quiche, but with no crust and a tad lighter. At pot luck's it always seems to be the first dish gone and it works wonderfully as lunch the next day with a small salad or any sort of chopped vegetables. The secret is to use good quality cheese in order to really bring out the flavors and it can definetly be prepared earlier in the day or even the night before (but please refridgerate) and baked whenever needed. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 eggs
- 1 large yellow onion
- 7 medium zucchini
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces grated parmesan cheese (you can substitute with 6 ozs. parm and 6 ozs. romano or asiago to enhance the flavor)
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 4 -5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 dash paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grate the zucchini and squeeze out some of the excess water, not all or the pie will be too dry.
- Finely mince the onion and add it to the zucchini, along with salt, pepper, cheese and breadcrumbs, reserving enough cheese and breadcrumbs to sprinkle on the top.
- Lightly scramble the eggs and add them to the mixture.
- Mix well and spoon into a well-greased casserole.
- Top with the remaining breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika, dot generously with butter and bake for approximately 50-60 minutes.