1/2 Photos of Bee's French Apple Cake
1 hr 30 mins
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
This is so easy you wouldn't believe, and soooo GOOD!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cooking apples or 1 lb tart dessert apples, cored and chopped
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon fresh nutmeg, grated or 1 teaspoon nutmeg, in the can
- wax paper
- 1Preheat the oven to 325.
- 2Grease and line the base of deep 9" round cake pan with waxed paper.
- 3Put the chopped apples into the base of the cake pan.
- 4Put all the remaining cake ingredients, EXCEPT 1 EGG, into a bowl or food processor. Beat to a smooth batter.
- 5Pour batter over apples in pan. Level the top, then bake for 40-45 mins., until lightly golden.
- 6Meanwhile, cream topping ingredients together with remaining egg.
- 7Remove cake from oven and spoon the topping over cake.
- 8Return cake to oven for 20-25 mins., until golden brown.
- 9Cool cake in pan.
- 10Turn cake out, take off waxed paper and finish with a dusting of confectionary sugar.
- 12Try adding finely chopped pears, pineapples or raspberries instead of apples.
- 13Be creative. Add your favorite fruit. Make sure they are well drained.
- 14Serve with whipped cream or French Vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bee's French Apple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.1
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 119.0 mg
- Sodium 378.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 37.4 g
- Protein 4.5 g