Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I thought this looked so great for those beer-loving guys in your life. Taken from The Bartender's Beer Cookbook. Tweaked by Heidi Swanson.
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten (hs note ( leave these out if you are worried about eating raw eggs, it's still tasty)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 48 french-style ladyfinger cookies (hs note ( I used less, one 7 ounce package)
- 6 ounces porter
- 1⁄2 cup brewed coffee, the stronger the better
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- In a large bowl mix together the mascarpone, sugar, beaten eggs and vanilla.
- Fold in the whipped cream. Set this mixture aside.
- In a shallow dish stir together the Porter beer and the brewed coffee, Dip the ladyfingers cookies into the coffee mixture (note: if you are using regular non-Italian ladyfingers make it a quick dunk).
- Don't let the ladyfingers get soggy.
- Arrange them in a single layer in a glass casserole dish (note: 8x8 is prob. fine).
- Spread 1/2-inch layer of mascarpone mixture on top of the ladyfingers.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cocoa.
- Repeat this for the second layer.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours before serving.