Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Wisconsin loves them and Brats are great for any type of grilling or get togethers. And what better then cooked in a beer from MILWAUKEE. Known as the beer Capitol of the world!
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 0.25 ml caraway seed
- 6 whole bratwursts (Prick with a fork or slice in a couple spots to keep them from exploding)
- 2 (907.18 g) can beer
- 170.09 g sauerkraut, rinsed
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven saute onions till tender 5 minutes.
- Add sugar, caraway seeds, and pepper stir in and place brats on top, cover the brats with beer drink the remaining. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer until brats are cooked. Remove brats and add kraut and stir.
- Place brats on medium high grill and cook brats until golden brown and return to beer/kraut mixture until ready to serve. Serve brats on fresh baked brat buns with sauerkraut & onions, fresh grated horseradish, ketchup, and/or mustard.
Oh wow.....this was fantastic. The brats took on the taste from the beer and then to grill them and add them back into the sauerkraut/beer mixture???......to die for. Thankyou so much for sharing this with us, we loved it. This was a simple meal to serve on these incredibly HOT HOT days.
Oh my wonderful. Have a lot of eaters so I doubled the recipe. Added minced garlic with the butter and onions and used one MGD and one Guiness... This was an absolute hit. Already requests for more ;-)
YUMMY! Left out the caraway- don't like it- but followed the rest of the recipe. Delish! Used some Shiner Bock! Great recipe!