Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cook's Illustrated.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 4 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 lbs extra-large shrimp, shell-on
- Heat butter and garlic in Dutch oven over medium heat until sizzling and fragrant, about 4 minutes.
- Pour garlic butter into serving bowl and stir in lemon juice and hot sauce. Cover and keep warm.
- Fit Dutch oven with steamer basket, add beer, and bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle Old Bay Seasoning evenly over shrimp and transfer to steamer basket.
- Cover and steam until shrimp are cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer to serving platter.
- Serve with warm garlic butter for dipping.
My fab husband and I (DS had his first shrimp) really enjoyed this recipe. I have only boiled shrimp w/ Old Bay. I am happy to find another method for cooking. This was awesome. I used jumbo raw, tail on and watched carefully until done. About 6-8 minutes. The sauce was very good. We ended up adding more Tabasco. Thanks for posting such a great shrimp recipe. It's a keeper!