Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is good for littlenecks, countnecks or Manila clams. Serve this with lots of warm crusty bread to soak up all the juices!! From Cooking Pleasures magazine.
- 2 cups beer
- 2 bay leaves, broken in half
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 4 dozen littleneck clams, washed and beards removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Crush the mustard seeds and the coriander seeds lightly in a mortar and pestle, or place the seeds in a heavy plastic bag and lightly crush with a mallet or rolling pin.
- In a large pot, bring beer, bay leaves, Old Bay, mustard seeds, coriander seeds and cayenne pepper to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the clams.
- Cover and steam 3-6 min or until the clams open, stirring once or twice.
- Discard any clams that DO NOT open.
- Serve clams with the broth in shallow bowls.
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
Very good, enjoyed it with DH. But, DH got sick...why because althoug I told him if I missed any unopened clams to put into the shell bowl. He did not believe me, was very sick that night and will not eat clams right now... hopeflully will change that after a reasonable time