Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from Ricardo. I've never tried it but it looks so yummy.
- 1 1⁄2 cups shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup beer
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup day-old French bread, chopped and packed
- salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, soften the shallots and garlic in butter.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and let simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Reduce the soup in puree in blender. Add salt and pepper.
Delicious! This soup has a lovely flavor. It reminds me of a soup I enjoyed in Austria. Karen67 is correct, the beer used in this recipe has a significant impact on the flavor so choose wisely. Thanks for posting.
I absolutely LOVE this soup, and it was easy too. I actually used onion instead of shallots and an old hot dog bun from the freezer for the bread. I have a feeling the choice of beer will have a huge impact on the flavor. I used a Bud Light Wheat. I also topped off each bowl with a dash of freshly cracked pepper which goes amazingly well with this soup that has a hint of honey to it.