Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I don't remember where I got this recipe, but it's one that we have enjoyed a lot. The times do not include marinating time.
- 354.88 ml beer
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 78.07 ml reduced sodium soy sauce
- 29.58 ml honey or 29.58 ml molasses
- 14.79 ml gingerroot, grated
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2.46 ml Tabasco sauce
- 1133.98 g flank steaks, well trimmed
- Combine all ingredients except steak.
- Add steak and marinate several hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Grill over hot coals 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Cut across the grain on the diagonal into thin slices.
- Nutrition Note:.
- Nutrition information is based on at least 1/2 of the marinade drained off and discarded.
- Yield: 8 servings of 3 3/4 ounces each.
- Per Serving: 260 Cal, 10.8 g Fat, 37% Fat Cal, 4.4 g Sat Fat, 62 mg
Great steaks :). I did leave out the gingerroot. and used honey. The hot sauce was the perfect amount. Real nice flavor. Nice to grill in decent weather again too. Made this with your Red Jacket Mashed Potatoes.
10 STARS for this one! I used molasses. I used a dark beer, which gave it a really rich flavor. We have a lot of flank steak during grilling season, and will be using this one often. Thanks for this keeper, Vicki!
My steak was in the marinade 6-8 hours. I used molasses instead of honey. This is so tasty. Thanks Lazyme :) Made for Market tag