Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
From Mr. Food...cooking time includes the marinating time.
- 2 (12 ounce) cans beer
- 1 (5 lb) packagefrozen chicken wings, thawed
- 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup cayenne pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Set aside 1/3 cup beer.
- Pour the remaining beer into a large shallow dish; add the chicken wings, cover, and marinate for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator; drain the wings.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line two large rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil; coat the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season the wings with ground red pepper and salt and place on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn the wings over and cook for 25 to 30 more minutes, or until crispy and no pink remains.
- In a large bowl, combine the cayenne pepper sauce, butter, and the reserved 1/3 cup beer; mix well.
- Add the chicken wings and toss until evenly coated.
- Serve immediately.