Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
When I saw these on the commercial I had to get the recipe and make them! They are fantastic! Serve them at your next cookout with plenty of COLD beer to go along! Everyone will love them!
- 36 ounces your favorite beer (approx. 3, I use Budweiser)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 6 bratwursts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning or 1⁄2 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 6 hoagie rolls (I use the Italian style Hoagie rolls and you may substitute hotdog rolls)
- prepared mustard (your preference)
- Prepare grill for direct grilling and preheat to medium.
- Place beer,seasoning,onion and brats in medium pot and bring to gentle boil over medium heat.
- Let brats simmer gently until partially cooked, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Do not let brats boil, or they will burst.
- Drain brats well.
- After removing Brats drain and reserve onions also.
- Place brats on grill parallel to grates (to hold brats in place) and grill 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Internal temperature of brats should be about 170 degrees when serving.
- Serve on buns with reserved onions and mustard.
simple, easy, and super tasty! we love these on football days.
These were very good. I only had two beers so I added 2 cups of chicken broth to the beer, turned out very good. I loved the flavor of these and the onions.....yummy. I will make this again as we all loved it. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us.
Great! I also added butter to the simmer. We loved these.