- 2 (12 ounce) bottles beer (not dark; not low-calorie)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 dried arbol chiles
- 1 lb medium shrimp, in the shell
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 -3 tablespoons pureed chipotle chiles in adobo or 1 tablespoon dried chipotle powder
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beer, bay leaves and arbol chiles in a deep saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add shrimp.
- Gently simmer, stirring frequently, for about 4 minutes, until they turn pink, drain.
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice, mustard, chipotle and cilantro.
- Serve as a dip for the shrimp, or place the shrimp on crisp tortilla triangles and garnish with dollops of chipotle mayonnaise.