- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 12 ounces beer
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian stewed tomatoes
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut sausage into 1 inch pieces.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and saute sausage pieces until browned.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until onions are transparent.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer for about 45 minutes. Serve over hot rice.