Recipe by Karen From Colorado
These are delicious served as a main dish. A vegetable and dinner is done.
Top Review by Mille®
Man! Were these good! I deep-fried the meatballs in a basket and made the sauce separately using bacon grease (healthy, huh?) in a skillet. And, well you know me by now, I skipped the salt and used low sodium ketchup and Worcestershire. And what beer did I use? ... Guinness, of course! Printed and into the Favourite Recipe binder it goes.
- 1 beaten egg
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup beer
- hot, cooked noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine egg, bread crumbs, catsup, worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt and meat in a bowl.
- Mix well and shape into 1 inch meatballs.
- Cook 1/2 the meatballs at a time in hot cooking oil until brown on all sides.
- Remove meatballs from pan.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the drippings.
- Add onions to the drippings.
- Stir-fry over medium-high heat until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in beer.
- Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Return meatballs to pan.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve over noodles.