Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A firm solid loaf with a subtle flavor.
Make and share this Beer & Rye Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Sprinkle yeast over sugar & water. Allow to soften 10 minutes.
- Stir in half cup flour and allow to stand til bubbles form.
- Add salt, milk, beer, white and rye flour and caraway seeds.
- Mix dough til it is thick.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface til smooth an elastic.
- Return to bowl, cover, and let rise til doubled in bulk about 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch down and form into 2 loaves.
- Place loaves in buttered pans.
- Let rise til double.
- Bake 400F 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 and bake until loaves are done. (golden brown).