Recipe by katie in the UP
These are popular..where I come from (Central Valley of California) living up in the U.P. no one has ever heard of them...but they seem to enjoy eating them LOL.
Top Review by Jaylee
These are also known as Runzas, Cabbage Burgers or Kraut Burgers. I've made them often, as did my Mother. Those who say these need to be "kicked up" are not putting in enough black pepper. There should be enough that the mixture is actually a bit spicy HOT on your tongue, from black pepper alone. (I.e. a lot more than you imagine normally using in anything else.) You'll be surprised how delicious it is-- live dangerously and work that pepper grinder!
- 3 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 heads cabbage (chopped)
- pepper (lots)
- 1 (36 count) package frozen yeast dinner roll dough, defrosted slightly raised
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry beef, cabbage and onions. Add seasonings.
- Let filling cool.
- Roll out each bread roll, into approx 7 inch round.
- Place filling in middle and seal well.
- Place on baking sheet, sprayed with veggie cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for approx 30 minutes, until browned.