Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Serve with burgers or hot dogs and chips.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup beer, allowed to go flat
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock (low-sodium) or 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth (low-sodium)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°; add all ingredients to a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray; stir to combine.
- Cover and bakd 1 1/4 hours until liquid is absorbed.